TRASH/GARBAGE/SOLID WASTE, RECYCLABLES AND YARD WASTE, WILL BE PICKED UP BY WASTE MANAGEMENT ON WEDNESDAYS ONLY.
Each household should have one 90-gallon rollout trash cart and a smaller darker green w/black top rollout recycling bin. Trash cart is the property of Waste Management. Recycle carts are city property. If you prefer the 64-gallon size trash cart, call WM directly, 314-506-4700 to request change.
Below is a summary of rules for solid waste, recycling and yard waste. Ordinance violations will result in a citation that includes a fine plus court costs.
1) Residents are allowed to place additional covered/lidded trashcans at the curb with the rollout cart provided by Waste Management, front facing curb. ALL trash/garbage containers must have lids.
2) NO PLASTIC GARBAGE BAGS ALLOWED AT THE CURB UNLESS THEY ARE INSIDE COVERED/LIDDED TRASH CANS.
3) Boxes being discarded should be broken down and placed at the curb. Other large &/or bulky items that won’t fit in a trashcan may be placed at the curb.
4) Yard waste must be in commercial paper yard waste bags or in trashcans and placed at the curb. Mark cans YARD WASTE ONLY. NO PLASTIC BAGS of yard waste. Brush/limbs can be no more than 4 feet in length, tied & bundled. NO logs placed at the curb will be picked up. Owner/resident must dispose of logs/firewood.
5) Yard waste will be picked up all year round, just as recyclables, trash.
6) Recyclables should be in the darker green w/black top recycle carts. If you need more, call Waste Management. DO NOT USE RECYCLE CARTS FOR TRASH OR YARD WASTE. See cart lid for acceptable recyclables.
7) NO mixing yard waste and trash/garbage in the same container – it’s illegal.
8) Do not place trash/yard waste/recycling containers in the street – only at curb.
9) Call Waste Mgt. for items too heavy/bulky for one man to lift, (including all size appliances – MUST REMOVE DOORS!). Pick up by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Residents must arrange directly with Waste Management (506-4700) for pickup. There is no charge for heavy items & appliance pickups, but you must call WM to get OK. If you don’t call, these items will NOT be picked up.
All trash cans and recycle carts should be placed at the curb on Tuesday evenings or by 6:00 a.m. on Wednesdays at the latest. If there is a WM-observed Wednesday holiday (only New Year’s Day, Independence Day, and Christmas Day), pickups will be on the next day, Thursday. All emptied containers should be removed from the curb and should be returned to the resident’s yard, out of view from the street, before the next day or citations will be issued. Yard waste likewise should be placed at the curb on Tuesday evenings, or by 6:00 a.m. Wednesday at latest, and removed no later than 6:00 a.m. on the next day. If Wednesday is a WM holiday, all pickups shift to one day later.