- Building or room additions; plumbing, electrical or mechanical work (permit required from St. Louis County Public Works). Items below = Greendale permit.
- Decks, including handicap ramps.
- Driveway replacement, or new driveway.
- Walkway replacement, or new walkway.
- Porch or step replacement, or new construction.
- Tool sheds (must be on concrete pads).
- Sidewalks are city property. Permit required to replace or repair public sidewalks.
- Building permits fees start at $80 plus. Sketches drawn to scale and most often property surveys required